I'm very excited to have discovered J. Kaye, who is hosting another (sheesh... this has been going on without my knowing?!?!! Amazing!) fantastic challenge - the 100+ Reading Challenge. I found myself imagining that this will be an easy challenge for me to meet because I'm reading all the time... then it dawned on me that while I AM reading most of the time, I only actually read approximately one book a week. Since a year only has 52 weeks this could actually be considered quite an accomplishment. I'm up for it. ;-)
The challenge is - read 100 books in the year 2009 (no starting early). The challenge runs from 1/1/09 to 12/31/09. Any books are acceptable.
There is also a Yahoo Group that you can join to talk about your books.
So head on over to J. Kaye's and sign up with Mr. Linky.
My books will be listed below. If you come play let me know... I might be looking for book recommendations ;-) Though I must confess... I'm hardly the most discriminating reader... if there are words, I read.
I presume that starting right at midnight is fair so I have my first book lined up... with completion date noted.
1. HIDE by Lisa Gardner (01-03-09)
2. The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck (01-04-09)
3. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (01-11-09)
4. retribution by Jilliane Hoffman (01-17-09)
5. Wisdom, Inc. by Seth Godin (01-22-09)
6. Light Before Day by Christopher Rice (01-23-09)
7. Twice Kissed by Lisa Jackson (01-27-09)
8. Tunnel Vision by Sara Paretsky (02-01-09)
9. The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag (02-04-09)
10. Killing Fear by Allison Brennan (02-07-09)
11. The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (02-12-09)
12. Tempting Evil by Allison Brennan (02-18-09)
13. Mystic River by Dennis Lehane (02-21-09)
14. Rage by Jonathan Kellerman (02-27-09)
15. The Constant Gardener by John LeCarre (03-05-09)
16. The DaVinci Legacy by Lewis Perdue (03-10-09)
17. The Third Victim by Lisa Gardner (03-13-09)
18. The Kills by Linda Fairstein